Zucchini and Celery Soup and Mince, Spinach and Ricotta Pitas
It's Foodies Monday!
Here are the recipes from today's offerings.
Zucchini and Celery Soup
2 small onions
1 bunch celery
2 litres vegetable stock
1. Pour stock into a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
2. While waiting for the stock to heat, chop up all the vegetables and add them into the pot.
3. Bring to a boil than turn down heat and simmer for approx 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
4. Juice lemon and stir into the soup.
5. Blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
Lamb Mince, Spinach and Ricotta Pitas
500g lamb mince
1 onion diced
1 tablespoon mixed herbs
2 pack of pastry sheets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions cook lightly for 2 minutes, add the mince and cook until browned.
2. Take off the heat and add the spinach and stir into the mince.
3. Add the ricotta and stir into the mince until well mixed.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
5. Take pastry sheet and cut into quarters and place a heaped tablespoon of the mixture into the middle of the pastry squares.
6. Take the corners and layer then over the mixture making little parcels.
7. Place the parcels onto a lined baking tray and bake for approx 20 minutes or until the parcels are golden brown.