Tiganopsomo and Spetsofai
Here are the recipes from today's offerings.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup olive oil
200g feta cheese crumbled
1. Mix flour, salt, sugar and baking soda into a large bowl.
2. Add the eggs and olive oil, and knead into a dough, slowly add the water and keep kneading until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Cover dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
4. While the dough is resting, mix the feta cheese and spinach together.
5. Once dough is rested divide into 4 pieces, roll the dough into a circle approx 1/2 cm thick.
6. Top two of the circles with the feta and spinach mixture, and cover with the other circles. Join the edges well.
7. In a large fry pan, heat some oil enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Fry the breads, until nice and golden, turn onto the other side and repeat.
8. Remove from pan and cut into quarters and enjoy.
8 medium sausages sliced
2 onions chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
2 green capsicums chopped
2 red capsicums chopped
2 yellow capsicums chopped
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
4 tbsps olive oil
2 bay leaves
2 chillis chopped
1/4 tsp paprika
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan, add the sausages and saute until nicely browned.
2. Add onions and saute further for a minute, add the garlic and tomato paste, and saute or another minute.
3. Add the capsicums saute, add the canned tomatoes, water herbs and spices, turn down to a medium heat and cook for approx 25-30 minutes with the lid on, until the peppers tender.
4. Serve with either crusty bread or on a bed of rice.