Silver-beet and Beef Stew and Mediterranean Baked Rice
It's Foodies Monday!
Here are the recipes from today's offerings.
Silver-beet and Beef Stew
500g diced beef
6 potatoes cut into eights
4 carrots chopped
1 bunch silver-beet chopped
4 stalks celery chopped
1 onion diced
2 lemons juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1. Heat oil in large stock pot, add in onion and spices saute until onion is tender.
2. Add beef and cook until browned.
3. Add in potatoes and stir until coated from the juices of the beef.
4. Add in carrots and stir to mix in.
5. Add in celery and silver-beet stir until well mixed.
6. Pour in water until ingredients just covered, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for approx 30mins or until potatoes are tender.
7. Pour in lemon juice and stir in then serve.
Mediterranean Baked Rice
3 cups rice
500g mixed frozen vegetables
400g chopped tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon mixed dry herbs
6 cups water
1. Preheat the over to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large baking dish, mix together the rice and frozen vegetables, I used a Mediterranean mix.
3. Pour the diced tomatoes over top, sprinkle the chilli flakes and herbs over top.
4. Add the the water and stir gently to mix everything together.
5. Place in oven and bake for approx 1 hour or until the water has been absorbed, if rice is still hard add more water and keeping baking until rice is tender.
6. Serve and enjoy.