Sfakianopita and Fish Soup
Here are the recipes from today's offerings.
300g bakers flour
20ml white spirit - raki, vodka etc
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
300g mizithra or ricotta
6 tablespoons honey
1. Mix flour, water, spirit, olive and salt, into a dough.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts, shape them into a ball and set aside.
3. Beat the cheese with a fork until it breaks into a mass, and shape into 6 balls.
4. Roll out each ball of dough until sheet is big enough to cover the cheese ball.
5. Cover the cheese ball with the dough and roll out again into a pie.
6. Repeat with the other pieces of dough and cheese balls.
7. Heat a small non stick pan with olive oil on a medium heat.
8. Place the pie into the pan and cook for approx 3 minutes on each side, repeat with the other pies.
9. Drizzle a tablespoon of honey on each of the pies and serve while still warm.
1 kg of fish pick 2 or 3 different types of fish.
2 small onions chopped roughly
4 potatoes quartered
3 carrots chopped thickly
3 stalks celery chopped thickly
Lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot pour 2 litres of water and add the vegetables.
2. Boil the vegetables for approx 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove the vegetables from the pot and add the fish.
4. Let fish cook for approx 10 mins.
5. Serve the vegetables and fish in the broth with lemon, salt and pepper to taste.