Potato and Chicken Omelette and Spring Greens Basil Soup
It's Foodies Monday!
Here are the recipes from today's offerings.
Potato and Chicken Omelette
7 desiree potatoes sliced.
6 tbsp olive oil
8 eggs beaten
1 chicken breast diced
1 onion diced
250g frozen pea, corn and carrot mix
1. In a large pan heat four tablespoons of olive oil., Add the chicken and cook until cooked through and remove chicken from heat.
2. Add the potatoes into the pan and cook gently for approx 15 minutes or until they turn golden and tender.
3. Add the onion and cook for approx 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan.
4. In a large bowl season and beat the eggs, I used parsley, pepper and garlic powder in my seasoning of the eggs.
5. Add the remaining oil in the pan, than pour in the eggs and cook on a medium heat for approx 10 minutes or until egg is cooked through.
6. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
Spring Greens Basil Soup
1 bunch of silver beet chopped
200g baby beans
500ml chicken or vegetable stock
4 tbsp basil
2 tbsp ginger minced
2 red chillies chopped
2 onions diced
2 litres of water
1. In a large stock pot heat the water and stock together.
2. Add the rice and bring to a boil.
3. Add the ginger, chillies and onions and cook for approx 2 minutes.
4. Add the beans and cook for approx 5 minutes.
5. Add the Silverbeet and cook until rice is tender.