Joy Bars and Capsicum, Fennel and Feta Soup
Here are the recipes from today's offerings.
100g dried fruit - I used apricots, figs, dates and cranberries.
100g mixed seeds - I used chai, flax, poppy and sesame.
85g desiccated coconut
50g mixed nuts raw
1. Chop all the dried fruit, than mix together with oats, coconut.
2. In a large fry pan lightly roast the nuts and seeds without oil.
3. Toss the nuts and seeds into the dried fruit and oats mixture.
4. Put sugar, honey and butter into a saucepan and stir until melted. Let simmer for 2 minutes until the mixture is slightly thicker and syrupy.
5. Quickly stir into dried fruit and nut mixture until well blended with no dry patches.
6. Pour mixture into a baking tin and press down with a spoon until all even.
7. Leave to cool and set for approx 2 hours, cut mixture into bars.
Capsicum, Fennel and Feta Soup
1 bulb fennel
2 tbsp olive oil
1.2l of vegetable stock
50g feta cheese
1. Heat oil in large stock pot, and chop the vegetables.
2. Add onions and cook for approx 4 minutes, add capsicums, tomatoes, fennel and stock.
3. Bring to a boil, than turn down to low heat and let simmer for approx 10 minutes.
4. Crumble the feta and stir into the soup.
5. Pour soup into a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
6. Serve with salt and pepper to taste.