Egg Muffins and Chickpea Soup
It's Foodies Monday!
Here are the recipes from today's offerings.
1 green capsicum diced finely
1 yellow capsicum diced finely
1 tomato diced finely
2 tablespoons of fresh mint diced
100g feta crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line muffin tray with cup cake holders.
2. Beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in the remaining ingredients one at a time.
4. Pour the mixture in the cup cake holders.
5. Bake for approx 30 minutes until the tops are nice and golden.
2 cups chickpeas
2 onions diced
4 carrots chopped
4 stalks of celery chopped
400g chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. If using dry chickpeas soak for 24 hours prior to making soup. If using canned chickpeas skip this step.
2. Boil chickpeas in minimum 2 litres of water for approx 30 mins.
3. When chickpeas start to become tender, add in the onions, carrots and celery, stirring and adding additional water as needed.
4. Add in the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste, turn down heat and let simmer for approx 1 hour, or until chickpeas are nice and soft.