Egg and Veggie Cups and Meatball Soup
It's Foodies Monday.
Here are the recipes from today's cook up.
Egg and Veggie Cups
1 cup Spinach
100 grams grated cheese
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Dice all the vegetables.
3. In a mixing bowls beat the eggs, turmeric, pepper and herbs.
4. Fold in the diced vegetables and cheese.
5. Pour in the egg and vegetable mixture into the ramekins and bake in the oven for approx 30 minutes or until the egg is cooked and the tops are golden.
500g mince meat
2 small onions diced
1 cup fresh parsley diced
2 cups orzo, risoni or rice
3 litres water.
1. Heat water in a large stock pot.
2. While water heats mix together the mince meat, onions, parsley and 1 of the eggs, in a mixing bowl.
3. Make the meatballs from the mince mixture.
4. Once the water has come to a boil, add the meatballs into the boiling water one at a time.
5. Once the meatballs are lightly brown, add the orzo into the water and leave to cook for approx 20 mins or until the orzo is tender.
6. Beat the remaining egg and juice the lemon, as you beat the egg pour in the lemon juice.
7. Grab a ladle of the soup water, and slowly pour in the water, as you beat the lemon egg mixture. Making sure the lemon doesn't curdle.
8. Pour the lemon egg mixture into the soup and stir through throughly.
9. Serve and enjoy.